Super quick recipe for some really tasty dips!
I love spreads and dips! In the past few months we have started a little tradition in our house where I bake some fresh sourdough every Tuesday and we enjoy it for lunch with a different topping each time. I have already shared some of the recipes for these in my grid, such as the Italian tuna spread, or the salsa verde, or even the pestos! Here is another basic recipe we love, because it’s so versatile and you can really make it to suit your taste.
It’s delicious on top of fresh bread, but it can equally be used as a dip with your crudités! It makes great party food, and I often make the base, divide it into three and then add a different flavour to each part, so in the end I have a section of 3 mousses to serve together with crackers and carrot sticks. Yum
- 300 g. cream cheese
- 300 g. greek yogurt
- 50 g. black olives OR smoked salmon OR ham
- Mix well the yogurt and soft cheese with a spoon or spatula.
- Transfer into a mixer or in the container of your stick blender and add whatever flavouring you decide to go for, such as the olives, or salmon or ham. Or make up your own flavour combination! Smoked mackerel, roasted veg or sundried tomatoes are all great options too.
- Whizz until smooth.
- They keep well in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
- These ingredients make a relatively big batch, so feel free to scale it down or divide the mixture before adding the flavouring, so it’s half salmon and half olives for instance.