Rice Vermicelli Upma
This weekend, I made this delicious South Indian style rice vermicelli upma for breakfast. A quicker and simpler version which taste delectable with or without veggies. I have made it with only onion and tomato but you can add carrot & green peas as well. To make it extra special I have added some dry roasted peanuts and coconut slices. It adds nice crunch and all together taste scrumptious.
You can also add your favourite veggies to make it more healthy and delicious. It's a quick and delectable breakfast ideas for busy mornings.
For making sweeter version, add coconut milk or boiled whole milk, Jaggery powder or sugar, a pinch of cardamom powder and lots of chopped dryfruits. A delicious dessert is ready within minutes. So do try both Savory and sweet version and let me know your thoughts.
Let's check out the Ingredients & recipe to make this delicious Rice Vermicelli Upma. If you like the recipe then please comment below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!!
Rice Vermicelli Upma
- 2 Cup Rice vermicelli
- 1/4 Cup sliced onions
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 1 Green chilli sliced
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 4 to 5 Curry leaves
- 1/8 Tsp mustard seeds
- 2 Tsp Roasted peanuts
- 2 Tsp Roasted sliced coconut
- Salt as required
- Soak 2 cup rice vermicelli in the boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add oil in the pan and allow it to heat.
- Add mustard seeds & curry leaves, allow it to sputter.
- Then add chopped onion, green chillies and tomato saute until slightly cooked.
- Add salt & turmeric powder, give it a quick mix. You can add your favourite veggies at this point of time.
- Now add boiled rice vermicelli and mix it generously.
- Lastly, add dry roasted peanuts, sliced coconut & chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot!
- Don't soak rice vermicelli in boiling water for more then 10 mins.
- You can add your favourite veggies to make it more healthy and delicious.
- Peanuts & coconut slices are optional.
- Fir making sweeter version, add coconut milk or boiled whole milk, Jaggery powder or sugar, a pinch of cardamom powder and lots of chopped dryfruits.
What is rice vermicelli?
It sounds lovely! I’m going to try it and I’ll get back to you. I have a very hard time finding something my stomach can handle and that will entice me to eat.