Korean Beef With Rice
I know what you’re thinking, beef and rice with green beans, really? Well let me tell you something, I made this for Val and she LOVED it. This Korean beef with rice recipe came after re-watching some cooking shows. They were making a Caribbean dinner and the addition of lime to their dishes looked so good. When Val told me what she had an idea for I said “lets go”!
Empowered with my inspiration from the different chefs I admire, Gordon Ramsay, Bobby Flay, among others, I was ready to conquer this recipe. The hardest part about this dish was getting the sauce right. It took me a solid 20 minutes of messing around with ingredients and even pouring out some sauces I thought weren’t up to snuff. There’s a certain time when you’re making something that it all just clicks. You know the sauce will be perfect when you combine it with the protein. At that point, we knew we had our Korean beef sauce for this dinner.
The idea of this Korean beef recipe also came when the corona-virus was starting to break around the US. We wanted to make something that would be simple ingredients, but would taste amazing for your family. Also, we hoped that most people would have these ingredients in their pantry. If not, the items shouldn’t be completely gone from grocery store shelves.
Val and I both come from the restaurant industry and do recommend supporting your local restaurants in this crazy time. Not your Outbacks or Applebees, but rather your local family owned shops and cafes. They’re the ones who will end up hurting the most because we’re not sure how long they’ll be able to even deliver food to your homes. Those restaurants give a lot of people jobs, from dishwashers and cooks to servers and bartenders.
Everyone be safe out there and we hope you enjoy our Korean beef with rice! As always, we hope you do enjoy this and from our kitchen to yours, cheers!
Korean Beef With Rice
Korean Beef Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 tbsp ginger diced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup lime juice (fresh preferred)
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- ¼ cup beef stock
- 2 tbsp Gojuchang
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lime zest
Korean Beef Rice
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 ground beef
- ½ bag green beans
- Add rice, stock and water into saute pan and cook for 15-20 minutes until rice is done
- In skillet add small amount of olive oil, all green beans and cook over medium high heat
- Remove green beans and set aside
- Cook beef in skillet until there is no pink showing
- Drain grease from pan and add Korean beef sauce in with meat and let cook for 4-5 minutes
- Add green beans to skillet and let cook for another 2 minutes while mixing all ingredients together
- Plate rice and add beef/green bean mixture on top spoon sauce on top if you desire