This is the best one pot meal one can have for lunch. It is cooked with some aromatic Indian spices & only green veggie ......this simple green pulao is loaded with tons of flavours because of mint leaves, coriander leaves and green chillies puree. Overall this delicious pulao is magnificent on its own way, I have added small chunks of fried paneer to make it extra yummy & this can be enjoyed with a bowl of onion raita or simple curd!!
This green pulao is my personal favourite which is delicious as well as flavourful. This is quite a popular dish among vegetarian. It can be served for both lunch and dinner. It is aromatic as well as very light. Whenever there is some leftover rice, most of the time I prefer to make this green pulao. Indeed it's a complete one pot meal, which is filling as well as healthy.
Indian people love to eat rice and there are different varieties of it. Different State have there own creations, let it be curd rice, khichdi, Biryani, pulao & lot more. These are basically one pot meal which is easy to make in less time.
These dishes are quite popular among working people's. Just a bowl of flavourful rice & Raita & we are done.
Let's check out the Ingredients & recipe to make this delicious Green Pulao. If you like this one pot meal recipe then please comment below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!!
- Basumati rice 2 cup
- Water 4 cup
- Paneer cubes 1/4 cup
- Boiled Green Peas 1/2 cup
- Onion sliced 1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- black cardamom 1
- Cinnamon 1/2 inch
- Cloves 2 ,
- Black pepper 2 to 3
- Bayleaf 1
- Whipped curd 3 tbsp
- Green chillies paste 1 tsp
- Fresh mint leaves puree 3 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves puree 3 tbsp
- Garam masala powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt as per taste.
- Ghee 2 Tsp
- Oil 2 Tsp
- Soaked Basumati Rice in water for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile will heat a deep bottom pan, add ghee & oil allow it to heat.
- Add bay leaf, black cardamom, cinnamon, cloves & whole black pepper.
- Once it's aromatic, immediately add onion, saute it for a while then add ginger garlic paste, cook until raw smells goes.
- Now add green chillies paste, mint and coriander leaves puree, garam masala powder and salt.
- Once masala is perfectly cooked then add whipped curd & mix it well.
- Now add soaked rice and give it a quick mix.
- Add 4 cups water and a tsp of ghee then give it a stir.
- Allow it to boil on high flame, once boiling immediately lower the flame and cover it with a lid and allow to cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes check the rice with a fork and add boiled green peas and paneer cubes.
- Switch off the flame and allow it to rest for 5 to 10 mins.
- Finally, mix it properly & served it piping hot with chilled Raita
- While making mint and coriander leaves puree add few ice cubes to retain it's colour.
- Soaked Rice take less time to cook.
- To make it look more green, you can add green capsicum or other green veggies of your choice.I
- If you want more spicy then add red chilli powder.
- Paneer cubes is optional.