This delicious greek yogurt parfait is perfect for breakfast, or even an afternoon snack! Make this recipe as is with fresh strawberries and bananas, or mix things up with different varieties of fresh fruit!
Greek Yogurt Parfait
Is Greek yogurt parfait healthy?
Generally, yes. Your yogurt parfait will be healthy if you mix in things like granols, fresh fruit, nuts, and other sources of protein and nutrients. When you start adding in things like chocolate, then you start reducing the healthy aspect of this breakfast favorite.
Is Greek yogurt better than normal yogurt?
The difference between the two yogurt types are the nutrients contained in each. Greek yogurt has less sugar and more protein than regular yogurt, while regular yogurt usually contains fewer calories and more calcium.
Which Greek yogurt has the least sugar?
Chobani brand Greek yogurt cont ains up to 45% less sugar that many other Greek yogurts.
What other breakfast recipes should I try?
COCONUT FLOUR PANCAKES
COCONUT YOGURT BREAKFAST BOWL
BANANA BEET SMOOTHIE WITH BERRIES RECIPE
Greek Yogurt Parfait
- 6 large dates, pitted
- 3 T. natural almond butter
- 3 T. honey
- 2 T. coconut oil, melted
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- 1 c. rolled oats
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- ¼ t. salt
- ¼ c. raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 T. sunflower seeds
- 2 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 1 c. fresh strawberries, sliced
- Pre-heat -oven to 350°F and line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with a piece of parchment paper, leaving a bit of overlap on the sides.
- In a high-powered blender or a food processor, combine the pitted dates, almond butter, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the date mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the oats, cinnamon, salt, almonds, and sunflower seeds. Mix until well combined and the oats and nuts are nicely coated.
- Transfer the granola mixture to the prepared baking dish and pat down into an even layer. Place in the pre-heated oven and bake until lightly golden brown and toasted on top, approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Granola will crumble as you remove it from the pan, with some larger chunks.
- To serve, alternate layers of Greek yogurt, granola, sliced bananas, and fresh strawberries in 4 parfait dishes or mason jars. Enjoy!