Creamy Overnight Oats
These Overnight Oats (ONOs) are so creamy, taste indulgent, versatile AND they are protein packed so they actually leave you satisfied and full until your next meal comes around! Aditionally they can be prepared ahead of time for a quick meal-prepped breakfast option!
Because of its high protein it makes the perfect breakfast after a morning workout. The protein from the yogurt and powder along with the carbs from the oats and fruit also make for great fuel for a busy afternoon! Since most protein powders have a sweet flavor to them (usually from monk fruit or stevia extract) I find that the protein plus the banana that is mixed in makes these sweet enough without adding in any additional sweetener like honey or maple syrup.I love topping my classic ONOs base recipe with nut butter and fruit! Adding granola on top of ONOs is also delicious and adds a great textural element.
For more ideas on how to mix up your overnight oats with classic and fun topping combinatins, check out my blog at www.sweetescapekitchen.com
Creamy oats with fresh kiwi and a peanut butter drizzle make for a flavorful combination!
This is my classic ONO's recipe topped with blueberries and peanut butter!
ONOs with caramelized bananas and almond butter is another winning combination! Check out my IG post to learn how to caramelize a banana!
Creamy Overnight Oats
Creamy ONOs Base
- 1/3 c rolled oats
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/3 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 - 1/2 of a banana, mashed
- Toppings of your choice: nut butter, fruit, seeds, cacao nibs
- Mix all the ingredients together except for the Greek yogurt and let it sit in the fridge overnight in a mason jar/tuppeware/almost empty jar of nut butter.
- Once you’re ready to eat, top it with the greek yogurt and additional toppings like fruits and nut butters!
- You can also make it early in the morning and have it chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- If you’ll be enjoying this on the go you can add your yogurt and fruit/toppings the night before, just dont mix it in!
- ONOs can be prepped ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to three days!
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!