Everyone talks about reinventing the wheel, but what about reinventing the...donut?
Truthfully, this trend harks back to 2016, but it's so gorgeous that we just need to bring it back.
The toppings are only limited by your imagination! If you prefer the commonplace toppings you could consider things like salmon, eel, eggs, shrimp, scallops, squid, salmon roe. If you want to add a bit of green or want to vegan-ise it all together you can add cucumber, avocado, bell peppers, mushrooms, seaweed, seaweed salad, and so forth.
Make your donuts as fat or thin, heavy or petite as you'd like!
For more recipes, please check out my IG: olivia_homecook
Sushi Rice (1 batch)
- 1 ½ cups sushi rice (short grained rice)
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup seasoned sushi rice vinegar
For Sushi Donut
- 1 batch prepared sushi rice
- 150 grams fresh sushi grade salmon, thinly sliced
- 50 grams seaweed salad
- 50 grams cucumber, thinly sliced long rectangular shaped
- 4 pcs cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp each of roasted black and white sesame seeds (mixed)
- soy sauce and wasabi for serving.
- Pour the water over the rice and cook it in a rice cooker
- Once cooked, pour the seasoned sushi rice vinegar over the rice and gently mix
- Wet the inner surface of a silicon donut mould OR if you dont have that, a bowl with some sort of tall cylindrical object works just as well.
- Press the rice into the moulds with a wet spoon, making sure the rice is dense and thus won't fall apart
- Loosen the rice from the mould and plop down on your serving plate, ready to be topped. Top as you'd like.
- Beside salmon, you may use other desired raw fish or seafood for sushi
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published August 10th, 2020 12:49 AM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!