This simple romesco sauce is everything! It's one of my favorite sauces to make and it's so easy to throw together. It goes great with chicken meatballs, veggies, and pasta.
Romesco sauce has a base of red peppers, tomatoes, nuts (almonds, pine nuts, or hazelnuts), garlic, and olive oil. I have seen some recipes adding lemon juice, red wine vinegar, or sherry vinegar.
What do I need to make Romesco Sauce?
When it comes to equipment, I recommend a food processor or a high powered blender.
- 1 12 oz jar roasted red pepper drained
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup olive oil add more if you want a saucier consistency for pasta
- 1/2 cup marinated sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil drained
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Add all of the ingredients to a high powered blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- If you would like the sauce a little runnier for pasta, you can add more olive oil.
- The jar of roasted red peppers I used had one whole pepper in, so if you would rather roasted your own pepper you can do that.