If you love the taste of Alfredo sauce but could do without the calories, then this Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce is just the thing!
Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
This recipe is definitely a keeper in our family! Why? Because it tastes every bit as good as the real deal, but Hubs loves it too. He can make his version with pasta and garlic bread, while I can served mine up on some ‘zoodles’ (zucchini noodles). Neither one of us feels deprived.
If making this for a family, use a whole head of cauliflower. Since there’s just the two of us, I halve the recipe.
Put it all in the largest glass bowl you have and add the smashed garlic cloves and chicken stock. In our humble opinion, you have to use homemade chicken stock! If you use our pressure cooker recipe, it’s done in only an hour. Freeze it so you have it for recipes like this!
If you don’t already have a set of silicone microwave covers, get one; they are SO handy.
Once nuking is done, blitz it up in a blender, add the rest of the ingredients and pop it back in until the cream cheese is melted. Don’t skip cutting the cream cheese up or it might never melt in properly!
While all that’s happening, it's just long enough for Hubs to make some garlic bread for himself.
Lots more cheese for him; he actually need to GAIN weight! So while this cauliflower alfredo sauce is less than half the calories he can make up for it with other things.
While Hub’s pasta is boiling away, I use an electric Starfrit spiralizer to make ‘zoodles’. I use a whole zucchini.
In all honesty, this cauliflower alfredo sauce is so good, I don’t even miss the pasta! Serve it up with a nice fresh salad and I really don’t even feel like I’m dieting.
As you can see, Hubs like to add lots more pepper. I also mix in a pinch of nutmeg into the entire sauce, but that’s optional.
Get your cook on at Birdz of Feather and check out The Unknown Chef on Birdzofafeather.ca for other easy recipes!
Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- 1 large Cauliflower chopped
- 1/2 pound linguine or spaghetti noodles Or substitute Zucchini 'zoodles instead'
- Olive oil
- Chicken breasts
- 3 cups Chicken stock homemade is best! (see link to our recipe)
- 6 Garlic cloves, smashed
- 4 oz. Cream cheese, cut in cubes cubes help it melt
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream can substitute 10% milk if you wish
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg Optional
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Put chopped cauliflower in bowl
- Add 3 cloves smashed garlic and chicken stock
- Cover with a silicone lid and put in the microwave for 5 minutes on full. Give a stir and microwave another 5 min.
- Purée in food processor and return to bowl
- Add parmesan and cubed cream cheese
- 1/4 block cubed cream Cheese
- Add salt and pepper
- Put back in microwave until the cheeses melt
- Pour in heavy cream