This Easy Lasagna Dip with Sausage will hands-down be the star of any party you bring it to! All the hot, ooey, gooey cheese and amazing flavors of lasagna are all in this dish…in DIP form! Serve this with PLENTY of crusty bread and let the dipping party begin!
Easy Lasagna Dip With Sausage
If you are the type of person who uses bread to soak up every last drop of delicious pasta sauce, this recipe is for you!
Three cheeses and a simple delicious sausage marinara sauce are baked in the oven until melty and bubbly. Grab a slice of crusty bread, dunk, and be prepared….this is truly what heaven tastes like.
Speaking of heaven (and dipping), don’t forget to also try my Cheesy Bacon and Corn Crack Dip…and this Swiss and Bacon Dip! Both are just a little dip of heaven!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- A crowd-pleasing, everyone-loves-it DIP!
- Three cheeses, sausage, sauce….and bread for dipping! What more is there to life?!
- Can be made ahead of time for stress-free entertaining.
- Leftovers are AMAZING over pasta!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this delicious Lasagna Dip with Sausage:
Marinara Sauce: Choose a jarred sauce you really love (or make your own!). Rao’s is our all time fave!
Ricotta Cheese: Full fat (not skim or part skim) works best and is easiest to spread.
Italian Sausage: Make sure you remove the casings, if necessary! You want to be able to crumble the sausage.
HOW TO MAKE LASAGNA DIP WITH SAUSAGE: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Brown sausage.
Step 2: Stir together ricotta, oregano, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and black pepper.
Step 3: Add marinara sauce and oregano to the sausage and cook for 5 minutes.
Step 4: Begin layering your dip: first, spread all of the ricotta mixture onto the bottom of a 2 to 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
Step 5: Over the ricotta, layer on half the sausage sauce.
Step 6: Then, layer on half the cheese.
Step 7: Layer on the rest of the sauce, then the rest of the cheese.
Step 8: Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- This dip can be made up to 24 hours in advance. You can just pop it in the oven when you’re ready to serve it! Just give it a little more time in the oven if it’s still cold from the fridge 🙂
- This recipe makes A LOT of delicious cheesy dip! It will serve 16! If you are having a smaller gathering, half the recipe **OR** know the leftovers are UH-MAZING the next day over pasta (for breakfast, preferably…been there, done that).
STORAGE & REHEATING
- Storage: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container, or covered tightly with foil in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Reheating: Reheat smaller portions in the microwave or you can reheat in the oven at 400 for 5-10 minutes until bubbly again.
- Freezing: Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
ADDITIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- Meat: Ground beef, hot Italian sausage or a combo of both are all excellent options. You can also save a step and make it meatless!
- Cheese: I haven’t really met a cheese I didn’t like, so feel free to mix it up! Any melty cheese like Monterey Jack, Fontina or even white cheddar would all be fine!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can you make this dip ahead of time?Absolutely! This dip can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Just pop it in the oven when you’re ready! Give the dip a little more time in the oven if it’s still cold from the fridge.
What do you serve with this dip?Good quality crusty bread, baguette slices or garlic bread are all amazing with this dip! Crackers or pita chips also work but not quite as well as bread 🙂 Homemade pasta chips are what Olive Garden serves with their lasagna dip and you can easily make them if you like!
OTHER PARTY FOOD YOU’LL LOVE
- BACON AND CORN CRACK DIP
- CHILI CON CARNE NACHOS
- AIR FRYER ROASTED POTATOES WITH CHIPOTLE MAYO
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
Easy Lasagna Dip With Sausage
- 1 lb. Italian sausage (casings removed, if necessary)
- 1 15 oz. container ricotta cheese full fat works best
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 28 oz. jar of marinara sauce Rao's is the best!
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- lots of crusty bread for serving!
- In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, garlic powder, 1/2 tsp oregano, Parmesan cheese and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown sausage, breaking it into small pieces as it cooks (about 4-5 minutes or until cooked through). Drain off excess grease, if necessary.
- To the sausage, add marinara sauce and 1 tsp. oregano. Stir to combine, bring to a simmer and cook 4-5 minutes to bring the flavors together.
- While the sauce is cooking, in a 2 or 2.5 quart baking dish, spread the ricotta cheese mixture all over the bottom of the dish.
- Top the ricotta layer with half the sausage/sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle half the mozzarella over the sauce.
- Then layer on the remainder of the sauce, followed by the rest of the cheese.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes or until slightly browned and bubbly.
- Serve hot with lots of crusty bread for dipping!!
- Note: This recipe can be cut in half for smaller gatherings. Use a 1 to 1 1/2 quart dish if you making half the recipe.
- Nutrition information is only an estimate. Info is based on the Very Well Fit Nutrition Calculator.