I love eggplants because they are such a versatile ingredient! They are like little sponges and take on the flavor of whatever you are cooking them with. This recipe is super simple and comes together quickly. Not to mention, it’s vegan and mostly made in the blender. It is a great way to use an eggplant you forgot about for a few days in the back of your refrigerator. (We are all guilty of that!) You may want to double the recipe because it disappears fast! It makes a perfect dip with veggies and pita or as a spread on a chicken sandwich. I love how smokey and filling it is!
Creamy and delicious!
Served with warmed pita.
Used as a spread for Greek Chicken Pita night.
- 1 large or two small eggplant
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Dash smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wrap the eggplant in foil and cook at 425 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Let cool. Peel off the skin and put the pulp into a strainer over a bowl. Let it strain for 15-20 minutes to allow the liquid to drain out.
- Put the pulp (should be about 1 cup) in the blender with the remainder of the ingredients.
- Blend until combined. I like mine to still have texture, but you can also puree until smooth!
- Serve with warmed pita, pita chips or fresh veggies for dipping.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published November 19th, 2020 2:38 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!