White Chocolate-Strawberry Mousse
White chocolate-strawberry mousse is smooth and creamy white chocolate mousse with tangy strawberry jam. I love how sweetness of white chocolate and tartness of strawberry make a combination that is irresistible.
This gorgeous red and white mousse is perfect for valentine's day or any other day when you want to prepare an easy and quick dessert!
This white chocolate mousse is egg less and made without any gelatin. You can make this dessert with only 5 basic ingredients you already have in your pantry.
And it is super quick to make. You can make the mousse and jam ahead of time for parties or for family/friends coming over. And assemble just before serving. It make the job easy.
Rich and creamy white chocolate mousse topped with some freshly made strawberry jam makes a perfect valentine's dessert.
I always think that raspberries and strawberries are so perfect for Valentine’s day season. The pinks and reds from the berries make exceptionally beautiful valentine’s desserts. So here instead of strawberries you can prepare the same dessert with raspberries too.
Freshly made strawberry jam adds a tangy twist to the dessert. You can make this jam ahead of time and use this on pancakes,ice creams or dessert of your choice.
For the strawberry jam you can adjust the amount of sugar depending on how sweet your strawberries are and how sweet you want the jam to be. Since the mousse is sweet enough you want the jam to be more on the tangy side to balance the flavors.
Here is a video tutorial for this recipe. Please give this recipe a try and let me know how it turns out for you. For any questions/queries feel free to comment down below...I would be happy to help!
White Chocolate-Strawberry Mousse
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 80g White Chocolate Chips/Chunks
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream /Milk
- 10-12 Fresh Strawberries
- 1/4 Cup Sugar(4 tsbsp)
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- First thing to do is in a microwave safe bowl add white chocolate chips/chunks.
- Add 1/4 cup heavy cream/milk in that and some sugar.
- Microwave for 40-45 seconds in total. First microwave for 20 seconds take the bowl out and mix it.
- Repeat the above steps until chocolate has melted. If you continuously cook the chocolate for 40-50 seconds it might burn on the sides and wouldn't taste good. So take it out at interval of 20 seconds.
- Once the chocolate is melted and mixed well with the heavy cream, keep it aside. Let the mixture cool down completely.
- Now to prepare the fresh strawberry jam add chopped strawberries in the pan.
- Add sugar along with some lemon juice. And cook on medium flame for 5 minutes or until strawberries are soft and mushy.
- Once strawberries are nicely cooked,Get the pan off the flame and let it cool down completely.
- Then in a chilled bowl add 1 cup heavy whipping cream. I kept the empty bowl in freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Then using electric or hand mixer whip the heavy cream until it reaches stiff peaks/ holds shape.
- Then add completely cooled down melted chocolate mixture to it. Add little at a time and fold in gently with the help of a spatula.
- Then once everything combined well put the white chocolate mousse in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Now at the time of serving, In a cup/glass add the layer of strawberry jam.
- Then add the white chocolate mousse we prepared using a piping bag.
- And top with the remaining strawberry jam. Sprinkle some chocolate shavings and top with some fresh strawberries. Enjoy!!!