Purple and Blue Swirl Mermaid Candy Fudge
As a lover of all things magical, it’s only right that we add mermaid candy fudge to the list of mermaid desserts on the blog.
I think we can all use a little magic about now, don’t you? Baking and creating in the kitchen is therapeutic for many.
Lots of people also have kids home right now, so this is a sweet and colorful treat for the family to enjoy.
As I’ve mentioned before, I was quite obsessed with mermaids as a child. All it took was watching the movie SPLASH to have me fully convinced that I was a real mermaid.
Now, as an adult, the current times have me craving those mermaid films from my childhood.
What I wouldn’t give to transport back into time to the home I grew up in. I would curl up in my sleeping bag in front of the TV to watch my favorite mermaid flick on VHS. I can picture my Gram in the kitchen making dinner and a delicious dessert, like fudge.
However, this fudge we have today is a lot easier than my Gram’s. I remember her using a candy thermometer and there’s no need for one here.
Okay, enough reminiscing and back to reality. Here is what you need to make this easy mermaid fudge.
Mermaid Fudge Ingredients
(Exact amounts in the printable recipe card below.)
- White chocolate chips
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Food coloring – Wilton color gels in teal and violet
- Sprinkles – used Tylina Sweet Shop Mermaid Sprinkle Mix
- 8×8 baking pan
- Mixing bowls
Mermaid Candy Directions
Line a square baking pan with foil and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Add chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk to a saucepan and mix constantly over medium-low heat until the chips are almost melted.
Stir in the butter and vanilla and continue to stir until it’s all completely melted.
Divide the melted mixture into separate bowls and color each bowl with food coloring.
Color one bowl blue and one purple. Leave the rest of the mixture white.
Pour the colored fudge into the prepared pan, adding random colors all around.
Swirl with a knife and top with sprinkles.
Gently tap the pan to remove air bubbles.
Place the mermaid fudge into the fridge for about four hours or until firm.
Remove the foil from the pan and remove the foil from the fudge.
Place the fudge on a large cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut into 16 squares.
Notes: The fudge sets quickly so you may have to reheat the bowls if they harden too much.
It’s okay to have a skin of slightly hardened fudge when you add the color. Just mix and it will be fine.
If the candy does set too much you’ll need to microwave it to soften. Try 10-second intervals at 50% power.
Stir, check, and repeat, being very careful not to burn the chocolate.
The best thing to do is to have everything ready ahead of time.
Have all your supplies and ingredients out and ready to go. Line up your bowls, knives, spoons, etc. Take the tops off the food colorings and open the sprinkles. This will allow you to move quickly so the fudge doesn’t set before you want it to.
The recipe calls for 2 cups of chips which is 1.5 bags.
The end result is a sweet treat that’s sure to bring smiles to all your little mermaid fans!
More Mermaid Recipes to Try
- Mermaid cookie pizza
- Mermaid cupcakes
- Mermaid lemonade slush
- Mermaid bark candy
- Mermaid popcorn
Subscribe to the blog for more magical recipes like this one. You’ll even get some free unicorn coloring pages to print right away!
Let me know if you make this mermaid candy and how you like it.
Purple and Blue Swirl Mermaid Candy Fudge
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 14 oz, sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Teal food coloring
- Violet food coloring
- Line a square 8×8 baking pan with foil. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk to a saucepan and mix constantly over medium-low heat until chips are almost melted. Stir in butter and vanilla and continue to stir and heat until completely melted.
- Divide fudge into bowls and color each bowl with food coloring. Drop chocolate into prepared pan, adding random scoops all around. Swirl with a knife. Top with sprinkles. Gently tap pan on the surface so air bubbles come to the top. Refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.
- Remove foil from pan and remove foil from fudge. Place on a large cutting board and using a sharp knife, cut into 16 squares.
- Need 2 bowls for coloring. Color one bowl with teal. Color one bowl with violet. Leave some fudge white.
- Sprinkles = Tylina Sweet Shop Mermaid Sprinkle Mix
- There are 2 cups of chocolate chips in a 12 oz bag so you’ll need 1.5 bags for the fudge.