No-Churn S’mores Ice Cream
No-Churn S'mores Ice Cream is the classic campfire treat that's frozen and the perfect dessert for the lazy days of summer! No ice cream maker required for this recipe, just a mixer and a metal loaf pan that helps the ice cream mixture chill faster and makes scooping easy with the long surface area. The hardest part about this recipe is waiting for it to freeze to enjoy!
The three essential s’mores ingredients are added to this no-churn ice cream—graham crackers, toasted marshmallows, and chocolate bars.
You’ll need 8 large graham crackers, crushed, medium and small pieces (“large” graham crackers are a full perforated sheet with 4 individual pieces).
2 Hershey bars, chopped
And mini marshmallows. You can use plain mini marshmallows if you prefer, but the toasted marshmallows add the depth of flavor that make s’mores, s’mores! They’ll only take about 20 seconds if your oven broiler is preheated, so watch them and don’t walk away!Note: The cooking time noted in the recipe below is actually freezer time.
Serve with additional graham cracker crumbs, toasted marshmallows and/or chocolate syrup if desired.If you’re looking for more no-churn ice cream recipes for the lazy days of summer, I highly recommend No-Churn Blackberry Cobbler Ice Cream or Peach-Bourbon No-Churn Ice Cream.
No-Churn S’mores Ice Cream
Ice Cream Ingredients
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Pinch fine salt
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
S’mores Mix-In Ingredients
- 1 ½ cup mini marshmallows, toasted (plus, more to garnish with if desired)
- 8 large graham crackers, crushed, medium and small pieces (“large” graham crackers are full perforated sheet with 4 individual pieces)
- 2 Hershey bars, chopped
- Place loaf pan in freezer.
- Place mini marshmallows on nonstick silicone mat (like Silpat) or foil-lined baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray. Broil marshmallows watching carefully to prevent from burning. Allow to cool, placing marshmallows in freezer for about 30 minutes for easy separation and removal.
- Whisk together the condensed milk, vanilla and salt in a large bowl; set aside.
- Whip the cream with a mixer on medium-high speed until firm peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Fold about 1 cup of the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture with spatula until combined, then fold the lightened mixture into the whipped cream until well blended.
- Pour into a chilled 9-by-5-by-3-inch metal loaf pan, and freeze, covered, until thick and creamy, like soft-serve, about 2 hours.
- Swirl in s’mores mix-ins with a spoon. Cover and return to freezer for 3 hours or longer, until solid and scoopable.
- Serve with additional graham cracker crumbs, toasted marshmallows and/or chocolate syrup if desired.
- For faster whipping of cream: Place mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for about 20 minutes to get as cold as possible. You can use heavy cream or whipping cream for this recipe. Do not overbeat or you’ll make butter.
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!