One of the most iconic sandwiches out there, and it is so simple to make!
The classic club sandwich is a like a BLT, but with more meat. It has poultry (usually turkey), bacon, ham, cheese, tomato, lettuce, and mayo. But let's be honest here, any variation of meats, any type of cheese, and any type of bread will work. It's just heaven on a stick!
My take on it is with leftover chicken from Sunday roast, roastbeef, and turkey ham, on a classic white toast bread. I can't believe I haven't made it a stable part of my weekend menu yet, I absolutely should!
If you like my content, you can check here for more!
- 6 pieces of toast bread
- 6 tsp mayonnaise
- 120g (4 ounces) chicken breast, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 slices of your favourite cheese
- 4 slices turkey ham
- 4 slices roast beef
- 40g (1/2 cup) lettuce
- Place two pieces of toasted bread on your working surface, and spread each with 1tsp of mayonnaise (or more, that's really up to your liking)
- Top that with sliced chicken, tomatoes, and cheese
- Spread mayo on another 2 pieces of bread and place them on top of the cheese (I put the mayo on both sides of that bread, because the more the merrier)
- Top this layer with ham, roast beef, and lettuce
- Spread mayo on the final slices of bread and place on top of the lettuce
- Secure with sandwich picks and slice up into halves or quarters
- Serve with fries, crisps, pickles, olives, and whatever else your heart may desire
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published October 20th, 2020 9:13 AM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!