If you love the taste of lemons as much as we do, you're going to love this recipe!
This Lemon Loaf is loaded with lemony zesty-ness - and there's an optional glaze that's infused with Rosemary to go on top!
There's a 15 minute prep for this treat, then bake it in the oven for 30 minutes. Let it cool and start slicing!
This cake is moist, light and refreshing so it's the perfect thing to nibble on for a treat!
Each loaf serves 8 people, with a nice thick slice for each of your guests. The recipe makes two loaves so you will have 16 servings total.
The loaf recipe is below, and if you want to try the Rosemary infused Glaze, you can find the directions right over here on Country Living.
Start by mixing softened butter with sugar and eggs.
Add the sour cream, lemon zest and vanilla.
Sift and add the dry ingredients, mix well then split the batter evenly between two loaf pans.
I used 8 inch pans, but you can use 9 inch, the loaf just won't be as high.
Bake, let cool and serve. If you want to add the glaze to the loaf top, let the loaf cool completely before drizzling the glaze over.
I like moving the cooled loaf to a really pretty serving platter like this one, then drizzling the glaze over. I add a bit of fresh fruit, whatever is in season to garnish the cake plate.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 peel of 1 lemon, zested, using grater
- 1 1/2 cup flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Rosemary Infused Lemon Glaze
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, squeezed for juice
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 sprig Rosemary, fresh
- Beat softened butter with sugar.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Blend in sour cream, vanilla and zested lemon peel.
- Beat for 2 minutes. Batter may appear curdled.
- Sift and combine the flour, cornstarch, salt and baking soda.
- Pour into egg mixture. Mix just until incorporated.
- Pour into two greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 350F for 30 - 35 minutes. Remove from oven.
- If you're going to glaze the loaf, poke holes in top using a toothpick. Let cool.
- Mix sugar and lemon juice in saucepan.
- Heat until boiling. Stir occasionally.
- Turn heat to low, add Rosemary and let thicken about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add icing sugar and whisk well. Pour over top of loaf, letting the glaze settle in holes in loaf top.