BETTER THAN STARBUCKS!!!!
I kid you not. This loaf has become my latest obsession. I'm writing this down and thinking...boy do I need to make this real soon.
Not only are the ingredients waaaay better than any artificial lemon loaf out there BUT the texture and flavors of this loaf are beyond DELICIOUS.
I used yogurt to make this. I think it really is the key ingredient in this recipe. You can opt to add some lemon zest if you're into that too! I use coconut sugar to give it a healthier vibe but go ahead and use regular sugar for this. I wouldn't suggest brown sugar because the color will be much darker.
Btw, I suggest you add the lemon glaze on top of this;) Sorry no recipe for that but I just mixed some powdered sugar, lemon juice and milk! Super easy.
For the loaf
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2/3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Prepare your loaf tin.
- In a bowl, whisk the sugars with the butter.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix.
- Mix in the vanilla then the lemon juice.
- Add the yogurt and mix further.
- Mix in the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool totally then enjoy!
It looks and sounds sinful.i CAN HARDLY WAIT TO MAKE IT.
What's the drizzle?