The Best of the Peanut Butter Cereal Cookie Recipes
If you’re a peanut butter lover like me, then you know there’s nothing better than peanut butter cornflake cereal cookie recipes. They are the perfect combination of crunchy, sweet, and salty! I’ve tried several recipes but keep coming back to this family favorite.
So grab a jar of peanut butter (and a cup of coffee), and let’s make some cookies!
This blog contains affiliate links. This means a small commission is earned if you make a purchase by using this link. The price you pay will be the same whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link.
I have been feeling nostalgic lately and have been revisiting many of my favorite recipes from my childhood.
When I was little, my mother would bake cookies that would disappear as soon as she made them.
Snickerdoodles, sugar cookies, and oatmeal raisin cookies.
(Don’t get me started on the oatmeal raisin/chocolate chip debate…my mother did not like chocolate chip cookies and so never made them. I do like them but a good oatmeal raisin cookie wins this contest with me every time.)
When I was in high school, she would also make what we called “Laverna’s Cookies.”
They were so good for an after-school snack and, truth be told, they were so much fun to stuff in my pocket and become quick weekday breakfasts! Don’t fool yourself…if people eat chocolate chip cookie cereal for breakfast, you can eat Laverna’s cookies early in the day!
Laverna was my grandmother’s youngest sister and this great recipe was hers.
Do you name recipes based on who gave it to you? My family does!
Grandmother’s Meatloaf, Nana’s Mexican Casserole, My Favorite Lemon Curd…I have a recipe box full of them!
Well, Laverna’s cookies are the ultimate peanut butter cornflake cookie!
There are lots of cereal cookie recipes that are a variation of the famous Rice Krispie Treats.
Take some cereal flakes and add something sticky!
Table of Contents
Let’s Make Cookies!
If you have never had them, get ready… they might become your new favorite cookie!
These cookies consist of 5 simple ingredients that are usually in the pantry.
Corn flakes, white sugar, white corn syrup, vanilla extract, and peanut butter…these cookies are always one of the best cookies in the cookie jar!
This recipe is so easy! You mix everything but the corn flakes over head and, once you get a slight soft boil in the center, you add the corn flakes.
Once you stir in the corn flake cereal, the key is to work quickly as you scoop the cookie mixture onto a cookie sheet.
I like to use an ice cream scoop.
These are sticky when you put them on the baking sheet so it is a good thing these cookies are finger-lickin’ good!
You can let them cool and get firm.
Or you can dive in and start eating them right away! If you are a coffee drinker, these cookies are perfect with a cup o’ Joe!
While these are classic cornflake cookies, you can create your own cereal cookies recipe by substituting your choice of crisp cereal into this recipe:
- Honey Bunches of Oats Cookies
- Honey Nut Cheerios Cookies
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookies
- Lucky Charms Cookies
- Fruity Pebbles Cookies
What is the best way to store fresh baked cookies?
Have you ever baked cookies only to have them dry out and lose their freshness? Here are some tips for storing your favorite cereal cookies.
- Make sure you allow the cookies to cool completely at room temperature on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container and separate the layers of cookies with parchment paper so they don’t stick together.
- Or, store your cookies in a zipper-lock freezer bag.
- If you are tucking into a lunch box (or your pocket!), wrap the cookies in plastic wrap.
Other Cereal Cookie Recipes to Try
Of course, I want you to try this classic peanut butter corn flake cookie recipe. But if you are feeling adventurous, try adding or substituting one of these and create your own fun recipes:
- Add a little maple syrup.
- Sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon for a peanut butter cinnamon flavor.
- Substitute almond butter for peanut butter.
- Stir in a few dark chocolate chips into the cookie mix for a peanut butter cup cookie.
Thanks for walking down my recipe memory lane with me!
Peanut butter cornflake cookies are a great way to enjoy an indulgent, classic treat!
They’re the perfect combination of crunchy and sweet, and their versatility means they can be enjoyed at breakfast, lunch, snack time, or dessert…any time of day!
After throwing together the easy ingredients you’ll have a delicious batch ready to eat in no time! Bon appetit!
Cheers!Don’t Forget to Pin It!
Pin the image below to your boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!
Do you have a sweet tooth like me? Here are a couple more of my favorite recipes. My family really love them too but they disappear quickly! Evidently, we really like chocolate!
How to Make Scrumptious Symphony Brownies!
A Melt-In-Your-Mouth-Chocolate Trifle
The Best of the Peanut Butter Cereal Cookie Recipes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter You can use creamy peanut butter.
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 cups corn flakes cereal
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, and peanut butter. Heat the mixture over medium-high heat until it reaches a gentle boil at the center. Be sure to stir continuously to prevent the sugar from burning.
- Once the sugar mixture reaches a boil, promptly remove it from the heat. Stir in the vanilla extract and add the corn flakes, ensuring they are evenly coated in the sugary mixture. Keep mixing the cereal mixture until the corn flakes are thoroughly incorporated.
- With a large spoon or ice cream scoop, drop spoonfuls of the cookie mixture onto parchment or wax paper. Work quickly as the cookies cool and harden very quickly.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.