It’s s’mores season people! I have a lot of iterations of this classic summer treat planned and this topped my list. Chocolate S’mores Cookies. I have to admit, they are a kind of a pain because you have to add the marshmallow fluff a little bit at a time right before baking. How can you beat the ooey, gooey marshmallow tucked inside a chocolate-graham cookie? If you try to add all of the fluff to the dough at once you will end up with cookies that spread and basically make one big cookie on the sheet tray. But in my opinion, they are totally worth it.
3 hr 10 min
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup marshmallow fluff
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the flour mixture all at once and mix until the last bit of flour just disappears. Fold in the chocolate chips. Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line two sheet trays with parchment paper.
- Mix together two tablespoons of marshmallow fluff with ¼ of the cookie dough, making sure not to fully incorporate the fluff. You want the dough to look marbled. Transfer by tablespoonful to the prepared sheet trays. Repeat with remaining dough and fluff.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on the cookie sheets for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Don't skip mixing the marshmallow fluff in a little bit at a time.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published June 29th, 2021 12:30 AM