Is there anything that says “summer is here” more than S’mores? It immediately gives me memories of sticky hands, dirty feet, scraped knees, mosquito bites and the smell of campfire. It was the biggest treat to make S’mores.
Now we get the same S’mores flavors but packed inside a rich and yummy cookie. These are so good! Less sticky hands, well maybe not, but in theory. Perfect bit of sticky marshmallow, rich and melty chocolate and the sweet crunch of graham crackers all packed in there.
Try these and let me know what you think! Be sire to follow me @lolosdesserts on Instagram and Facebook to keep up with the latest recipes I’m sharing!
- 2 and 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs, very fine
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 sheets graham crackers, roughly chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with Silpat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt.
- In a stand mixer, add the butter and both sugars and beat on medium-speed for 2 to 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and beat again until smooth.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture a bit at a time, mixing after each addition just until combined. Be sure not to over mix.
- Use a wood spoon or spatula to fold in chocolate chips, marshmallows, and graham crackers.
- Add more chocolate chips, marshmallows and chunkcs of graham crackers into top of dough balls before baking.
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes, or until golden at the edges but still soft in the middle. Cookies may not look all the way done, but you don't want to overbake them. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on the sheet before transferring to a wire wrack to cool completely.
- To make your cookies look like they came straight from a bakery, be sure to take any of the ingredients that are inside the cookie and place them on top of the dough before baking. This helps the star of the cookie show off on the top. For these S’mores cookies, I placed chocolate chunks, mini marshmallows and small chunks of graham crackers into the dough. Makes the cookie look bursting with goodies!