Chocolate Covered Valentine’s Day Oreo Cookies
This post contains affiliate links.
Chocolate covered Valentine’s Day Oreo cookies decorated with sprinkles, colored sugar and candy pieces are an easy and fun treat to give to family and friends this holiday.
Good morning friends, I hope that you had a wonderful weekend. I wanted to take a minute to thank you all for your kind comments and constructive criticism of the new blog. As I mentioned there are a few kinks that are getting worked out and if you stick with me I would greatly appreciate it. To the few who decided that the font and capital letter issues are something you cannot abide by and are no longer following me I am sorry to see you go. As for the blog roll, it was one of my favorite things on my blogger blog and I am going to try my best to recreate it, I keep you abreast on my progress.
As for today, I thought I would share my newest iteration of holiday Oreo’s. My grandkid’s love these chocolate covered Oreo’s, not only for Christmas, and Halloween but for every holiday that I have made them, that is if their dad doesn’t eat them all first.
You can buy chocolate covered Oreo’s but they are expensive, I recently saw them for sale at my local grocery store 4 for $7.00! Frankly, why would you buy them when you can make them yourself, it is easy and a fun treat to make with your kids or grandkids.
Chocolate Covered Oreo Valentine’s Cookies
Valentine’s heart sprinkles
Assorted candy to decorate with including M&M’s, candy hearts, etc.
Line a baking sheet with a Silphat or other silicone baking mat.
Then follow the directions on the back of the melting wafers that you are using to melt the chocolate. The Ghiradelli wafers recommend melting chocolate in the microwave on high for 30 seconds, then stirring, then adding 15 second increments of time. Be careful not to over cook the chocolate because you can easily burn it.
Once the chocolate is melted place one cookie at a time into the bowl, lift out with a fork and shake gently back and forth to remove some of the chocolate, then place on the lined baking sheet and sprinkle with the colored jimmies, sprinkles or sugar then set aside to let the chocolate set. Ghiradelli recommends placing the cookies in the refrigerator to set, but as stated follow the directions on the melting wafers that you are using.
Once the cookie have set place in decorative tins, cellophane bags or cookie plates to gift to family and friends.
You could also fill a decorative heart shaped box, I purchased mine at the Dollar Tree, with the delicious cookies and gift them to your husband, wife or significant other or make a box for yourself!
As Valentine’s Day will look a little different this year give yourself a break if you don’t feel like making anything homemade or from scratch, like your favorite sugar cookies, and make these white or dark chocolate covered Oreo cookies. I like the dark chocolate best and I am not a fan of sprinkles or sugar, plain chocolate covered Oreo cookies are my favorite.
You could also make these little cones filled with candy to accompany your Valentine’s Day chocolate covered Oreo cookies. I made these last week and my neighbor kids loved them.
I have been baking and making Valentine’s Day treats for the last couple of days and plan on sharing them here all week, just in case you want to make something to send to friends or family, a few are homemade from scratch and a few are very easy and no bake. I think you will like them.
I hope that you have a wonderful day and if you liked these chocolate covered Oreo cookies you can pin the image below and safe it for later! I also have a Valentine’s Day Pinterest Board
Have a wonderful and safe day my friends. Be careful if you are in the path of the storm, we will be getting rain although I wish that we were getting some of the snow.
Chocolate Covered Valentine’s Day Oreo Cookies
- 20-23 Oreo Cookies
- 1 Package Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 1 Package White Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Red sugar
- Pink sugar
- Valentine Theme Sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with a Silphat baking liner, set aside.
- In a medium size bowl melt the chocolate wafers according to the directions on the back of your packages. Make sure to watch the chocolate so that is does not burn. Once melted, dip Oreo's one at a time into the chocolate, life out with a fork and shake the excess chocolate off. Place cookie on the Silphat lined pan, sprinkle with sugar, jimmies or candy to decorate.
- Repeat until all of the chocolate is used. Then melt the white chocolate and continue to dip your cookies and to decorate them. Once all the cookies are dipped place the chocolate covered cookies into the refrigerator to set. Then enjoy!
- You can also use chocolate chips but you have to add shortening to the chips to melt them. Ratio of 2 cups of chips and 2 tablespoons shortening(do not use butter, oil, margarine)
- If you do not have sprinkles use M & M's or Red Hot Candy or just use the chocolate to make a design.