Pumpkin Whoopie Pie Recipe
This delicious pumpkin whoopie pie recipe is a great bite sized dessert to help with portion control. The homemade cream filling is made with powdered sugar which has less calories than regular white sugar, and the added pumpkin means you get a kick of fiber and nutrients with your sweet treat as well!
Thanks to the flexibility of Weight Watchers we can really enjoy whatever we want during the holidays. This pumpkin whoopie pie recipe is no exception. Everyone will need to create and track these in their own recipe creator…more on that below…because the new WW program builds a plan suited to each individual!
Pumpkin recipes are a favorite of mine during the fall / winter months because they are so delicious and moist. The pumpkin gives everything an added boost of nutrition and flavor while also working hard to keep every recipe moist and indulgent. It’s a really top notch ingredient when it comes to baked goods and eating healthier.
You can use pumpkin in place of a lot of baking ingredients too! It’s similar to applesauce in that it can be substituted for some baking ingredients. I’ve found that it helps to keep things moist while also cutting back on calories and overall fat!
For those of you who are looking for a simple mini whoopie pie recipe, this is the one! It’s a quick option which starts with a baking mix. The cream filling is homemade but it’s so simple you won’t realize that it has to be made from scratch.
Thanks to the boxed cake mix you don’t have to drag out quite so many ingredients for the baking process which is always nice! If you have little ones in the house who like to help bake this is a great recipe for them to assist with when it comes to filling and “building” the whoopie pie sandwiches.
There’s no heat or dangerous equipment with that portion of the recipe and they can practice their kitchen skills safely while everyone has some fun!
It’s just a few simple ingredients which is always a plus. No need to go crazy when shopping or prepping for desserts. Especially when it comes to things like Thanksgiving meal prep I don’t like to add a lot of complex desserts or sides to the mix. I like to focus on a few stand out dishes and keep it simple but delicious for the rest.
Full Recipe Here: https://www.midlifehealthyliving.com/pumpkin-whoopie-pie-recipe/
Pumpkin Whoopie Pie Recipe
- Pumpkin Cookies:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 Tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 15oz. Can of libby's pumpkin
- ½ cup oil
- Cream Filling:
- 2 ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ – 2 cups of marshmallow cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet(s) with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin and oil. Using a mixer, blend until smooth.
- Scoop out balls of dough using a tablespoon or small scoop. Place each ball of dough about 2 inches apart. Bake for 13-15 minutes until the tops of cookies spring back when touched.
- Let fully cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl add butter and mix with a mixer until it looks smooth and creamy.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, marshmallow cream and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Spoon cream filling into an icing bag and squeeze about a tablespoon of filling onto one pumpkin cookie and then sandwich together.