The holidays and chocolate go together like peas and carrots as Forest Gump would say. But then again, is there ever a wrong time for chocolate?
These brownies are vegan, gluten free and delicious!
They have a fudgy texture and all you need is a mini-cupcake pan to bake them in.
I use almond flour and date syrup along with pure maple syrup and unsweetened cacao powder. Throw in some chocolate chips for extra-chocolatey flavor and you’ve got the perfect dessert or snack.
The fact that they are bite-sized means that you can easily share and they don’t go stale like brownies baked in a pan.
They pair very well with strawberries!
You can make these very quickly.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 heaping tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup date syrup
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips ( I use vegan, but any kind will work)
- Preheat oven to 325
- Whisk together almond flour, cacao powder, salt and arrowroot in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk date syrup, maple syrup and vanilla.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips. Add them into the wet ingredients. Whisk or stir to thoroughly combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine. The batter will be very thick.
- Grease a mini-muffin pan and spoon the batter into each cup. I wet my fingers slightly to smooth the tops.
- Bake 18-20 minutes till done, then cool in the pan before transferring to a rack to complete cooling.
- You can buy date syrup at places like Whole Foods or online.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published November 30th, 2020 1:26 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!