Black Bean Brownies
Black bean brownies? Sounds a bit weird, but I can assure you they taste much better than they sound! In fact, I would say that the taste is still the same, the only difference is really a little bit more of a grainy texture! Regardless, these brownies have absolutely no flour, so they are extra fudgy and perfect if you're looking for a gluten-free treat. This is another great recipe to try out if you are looking to get in more nutrients for the new year but want to cut down on the processed foods. Are you going to give this recipe a try?
Black Bean Brownies
- 1 can of black beans (19 fl oz)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla (crucial to help remove black bean taste)
- 3 flax eggs or regular eggs
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup date sugar or regular granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup dark or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 175°C. Line a 8x8 inch tray with parchment paper.
- Drain and rinse the black beans. In a blender, blend together the beans, oil, vanilla and flax eggs as much as possible so that minimal or no black bean chunks are left. A food processer will work better than a blender if you have one.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients except for the chocolate chips. Once mixed well, pour in the wet mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour in the mixture on to the prepared tray. Bake for 40 minutes. Your mixture will still be a bit wet when you insert a toothpick in the middle as there is no flour. To properly cut the brownies, allow them to cool first and then pop them into the fridge. Once removed from the fridge, they will be much easier to cut.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate after a few days.
Published January 3rd, 2021 7:17 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!
Load more comments
4 of 8 comments
I really want to try this. Do you use vanilla extract or vanilla essence?
Busch's backed beans also has a recipe for a Pinto bean (I think) pie that tastes just like pecan pie!