Black Bean Brownies
Calling all chocolate brownie lovers! Looking for a healthy treat!? Well, if that’s you, than look no further. These guilt free Chocolate Brownies are SO delicious and healthy! And the best part, no one will be able to tell they’re healthy.
No one will also be able to guess the secret ingredient! Shh, it’s black beans! They’re also gluten free and can be made vegan!
Not only are they delicious, but they’re quick, easy and use simple ingredients. If you’re looking for a dessert that will impress, then look no further. This guilt free dessert makes eating healthy easy. What are you waiting for? Try them today :) I hope you like them as much as I do!
Black Bean Brownies
- 1 1/2 Cups of Black Beans (1 15- oz can, drained and rinsed very well)
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa powder
- 1 Cup Oat Flour (You can substitute oats. See note below.)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup of Milk (Substitute with a dairy free milk if making brownies Vegan)
- 3/4 Cup of Sugar
- 1/4 Cup melted Butter (If making vegan, use vegan butter or coconut oil)
- 2 Teaspoons of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips (Substitute with dairy free chocolate chips if you’re making Vegan)
- Optional: Sprinkle additional chocolate chips over brownie batter before placing in the oven
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine cocoa powder, oat flour, salt, sugar and baking powder to a medium sized mixing bowl and whisk until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- Using a blender or food processor puree the black beans, milk, butter and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Next, fold in your chocolate chips.
- Pour your brownie batter into a greased 8X8 inch baking pan.
- Optional: sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top of the brownie batter.
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool before cutting into them.
- Note: You can use Oats to make your own oat flour. To make the oat flour, place oats in a blender and grind into a powder. If making gluten free, be sure to use gluten free oats.