This easy energy bar recipe is filled with healthy grains, nuts, and seeds. Yeah it's true you can get hundreds of bars on the store and for sure the packaged ones can be convenient, but let me tell you once you learn to make the perfect energy bars at home then you will never turned back to the shop to buy these bar again. Raw almonds, flax seeds along with sunflower seeds, make them crunchy and provide adequate omega-3 and keep you feel full until your next meal. These homemade energy bars are healthy snack which only takes about 20 minutes to make. This recipe has tons of nutritional benefits.
I realized the importance of protein very lately and being vegetarian slowly I have started adding lentils, legumes, Nuts, paneer in my daily diet. After my pregnancy, I had put on lot of weight, so slow and steady I have started with few workout regimen. As I'm not a fan of eating store brought protein bar so thought why not to make homemade energy bars and that’s how I made these goodies. The best part about these bars are you can make a wide varieties at home with your choice of seeds and nuts. These bars are great for your sugar cravings and hunger pangs. It's an ideal snack after a workout or to just satisfy your taste buds. This recipe can be easily varied as per preference.
These bars are loaded with all kinds of goodness stuff, as almonds, flaxseed add protein and crunch, raisins bring the chewy texture, and dark chocolate make it really delicious. Well melted Jaggery helps to bind and give structure to the bars. Specks of salt make all the difference!!
Once baked cooled down and chill for an hour and you have healthy snack bars whenever you need one.
Let's check out the Ingredients & recipe to make this delicious Snack Bar. If you like the recipe then please comment below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!!
- 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup chopped Almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped Dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup toasted Peanuts
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons Black Raisin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 /4 cups Melted Jaggery
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Combine oats, wheat flour, sunflower seeds, roughly chopped Dark chocolate , roughly chopped Almonds, flax seeds, toasted peanuts, black Raisin, ground cinnamon powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in melted jaggery and olive oil. Press mixture firmly into a baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 22 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow it to to set for a while.
- Slice chilled bars into squares and store in the refrigerator.
- Instead of Olive Oil, I had also tried using virgin coconut oil, it's amazing.
- You can add any dryfruit and seeds according to your preference.
- Instead of water you can also use Almond Milk.
- No need to dry roast oats and almonds
- I have garnish these goodies with roughly chopped Pistachios.
What is jaggery?
Jaggery? A type of sugar?