Healthy Snack Bars
I have a horrible sweet tooth. Always have, always will.
This recipe satisfies that craving every time.
It is a combination of nuts, chocolate chips, cranberries, hemp hearts, coconut and dates on a graham “cracker” crust.
The best part of this recipe though? It is totally customizable. Don’t like coconut? No problem. Just add more chocolate chips. Hate cranberries? No issues. Maybe swap out for raisins. Or more chocolate chips. Walnuts not your thing? How about almonds instead? The possibilities are endless.
I am including my recipe for graham cracker granola which you can easily turn into crumbs in a blender or processor, or you can just use your favorite brand of graham crackers.
Make this recipe your own by adding your favorite things!
These are great as a snack or dessert!
They are perfect for Valentines Day!
Bake them in mini-muffin cups instead of bars!
Healthy Snack Bars
- 1.5 packed cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Tablespoons butter ( I use vegan)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts ( Do NOT use salted)
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews ( do NOT use salted)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips ( I use vegan semi-sweet)
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp hearts
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup almond milk
Graham Cracker Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon molasses
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
For The Crust
- If you are using pre-made graham crackers, skip the next step, and go to step #3.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon, and salt. In a small bowl, combine the oil, molasses, honey and syrup. Pour the wet over the dry and stir until well combined. Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 250 for 1 hour. Allow to cool before turning it into crumbs.
- Put the crackers or granola in a blender or processor and process until you have fine crumbs.
- Put 1.5 cups of the crumbs in a bowl. Melt the 4 Tablespoons of butter and combine with the crumbs until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Press into an 8x8 baking dish or line 2 dozen mini-muffin cups with paper liners and press the crumbs into the bottom of each cup.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cashews, walnuts, cranberries, hemp, chocolate chips and coconut.
- In a blender, combine the dates and almond milk. Process until smooth. Pour over the nut mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon the nut mixture over the graham cracker crumbs and bake at 350 for 30 minutes for the bars and 15 minutes for the mini-cups.