The PERFECT fall dessert! When I think of fall desserts the first thing I think of is apple crisp. You will 100% fall in love with this recipe.
This is a small batch recipe - it only makes 2-3 servings. You can double or triple this recipe to make a larger batch. I decided to create a small batch recipe for apple crisp, for those who live alone, or for those who have no portion control (aka me).
You can't have apple crisp without ice-cream, I personally think it is best paired with vanilla bean ice-cream!
This recipe works best with less sweet apples, like Granny Smith or Cortland!
- 1 large apple
- 1.5 tbsp of melted butter
- 1 tbsp of flour
- 1.5 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1/4 tbsp of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of oats
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of room temp butter (cubed)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the apple filling.
- Once apple filling is fully combined, pour the mixture into a greased pan.
- In a separate bowl place in all the ingredients for the oat topping, minus the butter.
- Stir the oat topping ingredients until well combined.
- Add in the cubed room temperature butter and use a fork or your clean hands to create a crumble like texture.
- Place the oat topping directly over the apple filling.
- Place your apple crisp in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then enjoy!!