Chilli Paneer is one of the most popular recipe from the Indian Chinese cuisine. Being a vegetarian, it's one of my favourite dish and to be honest I thoroughly enjoy it with a bowl of fried rice.
Dry Chilli Paneer
I still remember, during my graduation days in hostel, it's too difficult to get a tasty meal. So me & my roommate often skip meals & go outside to enjoy chilli paneer in the best seller restaurant of the town. I somehow tried to make a restaurant style by adding little Ajinomoto but it's completely optional.
You can relish it with some noodles or fried rice. Chilli Paneer is mainly enjoyed as appetiser or starters, but it tastes delish with roti or naan too.
This delicious dish compliments well with simple fried rice. Let's check out the Ingredients & recipe to make this delicious paneer recipe. If you like this Dry Chilli Paneer recipe then please comment down below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!!
Dry Chilli Paneer
- Paneer cubes 200 GM
- Capsicums diced 1 medium size
- Onion diced 2 medium size
- Ginger garlic paste 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilli powder 1/4 TSP (for colour)
- Maida 4 tsp
- Cornflour 3 tsp
- Ginger finely chopped 1 tsp
- Garlic finely chopped 2 tsp
- Finely chopped spring onions bulb 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped spring onions 4 tbsp
- Finely chopped green chillies 1 tsp
- Tomato sauce 1 tsp
- Red chili Sauce 3 tsp
- Soya Sauce 1 tsp
- Vinegar 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder 1 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Ajinomoto a pinch (optional)
- Salt as per taste
- In a bowl, add 3 TSP maida, 2 tsp cornflour, 1/4 TSP black pepper powder, 1/4 TSP Kashmiri red chilli powder & salt then mix it well.
- Now add water gradually to make a semi thick batter. Then add 1/4 TSP of ginger garlic paste & again mix it.
- Add Paneer cubes to the prepared semi thick slurry & allow to rest it for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes add oil to the frying Pan & allow it to hot.
- Once oil is hot, then fry paneer cubes until it's golden brown in colour.
- When paneer is perfectly fried just take it out in a bowl & keep it aside.
- Heat another kadhai, add oil & allow it to hot. Then add finely chopped garlic, green chillies, spring onions bulb & ginger saute it for a while on high flame.
- Then add diced capsicum & Onions saute it for 3 to 4 mins.
- Then add salt, black pepper powder, ajinomoto, tomato sauce, Soya sauce, Red chili sauce, vinegar & gently mix it all together.
- Then add 2 tbsp of cornflour slury n mix it well.(this process gives texture to the dry chilli Paneer)
- Now add fried paneer cubes & cook it for 5 to 6 mins on high flame.
- Finally garnish it with some finely chopped spring onions.
- Serve it hot with fried rice or any Indian bread of your choice.
- Use Ajinomoto for restaurant style taste or you can skip it completely.
- Use fresh Paneer for soft & juicy texture.
- Make sure not to overcook veggies, it should be crunchy in texture
- Soya sauce has salt in it, so add salt accordingly.