Dry Chilli Chicken
Crispy fried chicken tossed in garlic, onion, capsicum and a spicy Chinese style Sauce. This Indo Chinese Chilli Chicken Dry doesn't need any introduction. After Indian Cuisine, Indo Chinese cuisine is most popular in India. From fine dine to street food we will definitely have Indo Chinese dishes everywhere.
Making Restaurant style Chilli Chicken Dry at home is not that difficult task. I still remember, during my post graduation hostel days, we rarely get tasty meals. So on weekends we often skip meals & go outside to enjoy chilli Chicken in the best seller restaurant of the town.
You can relish it with some noodles or fried rice. Dry Chilli Chicken is mainly enjoyed as appetiser or starters, but it tastes delicious with Indian bread.
Let's check out the Ingredients & recipe to make this delicious Chicken recipe. If you like this Dry Chilli Chicken recipe then please comment down below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!!
Dry Chilli Chicken
- Boneless Chicken cubes 200 GM
- Capsicums diced 1 medium size
- Onion diced 2 medium size
- Ginger garlic paste 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilli powder 1/4 TSP (for colour)
- Maida 4 tsp
- Cornflour 3 tsp
- Ginger finely chopped 1 tsp
- Garlic finely chopped 2 tsp
- Finely chopped spring onions bulb 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped spring onions 4 tbsp
- Finely chopped green chillies 1 tsp
- Tomato sauce 1 tsp
- Red chili Sauce 3 tsp
- Soya Sauce 1 tsp
- Vinegar 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder 1tsp
- Oil for frying
- Ajinomoto a pinch (optional)
- Salt as per taste
- In a bowl, maida, cornflour, black pepper powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder & salt. Mix it well all together.
- Now add water gradually to make a semi thick batter. Then add ginger garlic paste & mix it.
- Add Chicken cubes to the prepared semi thick slurry & allow to rest it for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes add oil to the frying Pan & allow it to hot.
- Once oil is hot fry chicken cubes until golden brown in colour.
- Chicken is perfectly fried, keep it aside.
- Heat another kadhai, add oil & allow it to hot. Then add garlic, green chillies, spring onions bulb & ginger saute it for a while on high flame.A
- Add diced capsicum & Onions saute it for 3 to 4 mins.
- Then add salt, black pepper powder, ajinomoto, tomato sauce, Soya sauce, Red chili sauce, vinegar & gently mix it all together.
- Then add 2 tbsp of cornflour slury n mix it well.
- Now add fried chicken cubes & cook it for 5 to 6 mins on high flame.
- Finally garnish it with some finely chopped spring onions.
- Serve it hot as a appetizers, with fried rice, noodles or by any Indian bread of your choice.
- Make sure not to overcook veggies, it should be crunchy in texture.
- Soya sauce has salt in it, so add salt accordingly.
- Cornflour Slurry gives texture to the dry Chilli Chicken.