1 hr 30 min
This is a favorite party recipe of my family an friends. Holidays and get togethers are a time to bring on the Braunschweiger Ball! No matter if it is getting together for a game day Sunday, a cocktail party or a family reunion, this will be a hit.
Gather your ingredients.
Form a ball shape and then refrigerate until your ball is firm enough to "frost".
Serve your Braunschweiger Ball on a bed of leaf lettuce surrounded by crackers. Make sure you have plenty of crackers on hand, this will be SO popular! Don't expect any leftovers. If you do have leftovers, you can put them in a sealed container and refrigerate. The leftovers should be safe to consume for three days.
- 8 Ounces of Braunschweiger
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Sauce
- 4 Dashes of Tabasco Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 8 Ounces of Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup of Finely Minced Onions
- 1 Medium Jar of Pimento Stuffed Olives
- Bring the braunschweiger and the cream cheese to room temperature.
- Divide the cream cheese into 3 ounces and 5 ounces. Set the 5 ounce portion aside. Mix all of the ingredients EXCEPT for the 5 ounces of cream cheese together until mixed thoroughly.
- Form the mixture into a ball. Refrigerate the ball for one hour. While the mixture is firming up in the refrigerator, slice olives into thin slices.
- Put the cream cheese into the microwave for 10 seconds on high. Take the ball out and ‘frost’ it with the cream cheese. Cover with slices of olive. Cover and seal, place in the refrigerator and take it out when you are ready to serve. Serve with crackers.
- If you don't have time to refrigerate it for an hour, put it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published September 20th, 2020 9:54 PM
I made this in 1965. All time favorite. Thanks for bringing it back