Ladoo is a spherical shaped sweet quite popular in India. There are various types of Ladoos, like nuts ladoo, rawa ladoo, coconut ladoo, mawa ladoo and many more. Here I am sharing recipe of my favourite ladoo - Besan ladoo. It has always been special to me as their are so many memories attached to it. It is made of split chickpeas flour, sugar, and ghee.
Best thing about Besan ladoo is that it is easy to make and requires simple ingredients. Everyone in my family loves this recipe and whenever their is a festival or celebration I surely make these sweet delights. Do try this easy peasy recipe. It tastes heavenly and do not forget to send me your feedback.
- 2 cups Besan (split chickpeas flour)
- 🔅1/2 cup @saveraorganic ghee
- 🔅1/2 cup Punjabi Shakkar ( you can use coconut sugar, rapadura, jaggery or raw sugar)
- 🔅1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
- 🔅5-6 strands of saffron (optional)
- 🔅Heat a heavy bottomed pan.
- 🔅Add Besan.
- 🔅Roast on medium to low flame. Keep stirring so that it does not burn.
- 🔅Smoothen it using a spatula so that there are no lumps.
- 🔅 Add Ghee
- 🔅By this time roasted Besan would be like a smooth paste.
- 🔅Stir in cardamom powder and saffron. (You can 1/4 nuts if you want)
- 🔅Turn off the stove when it changes colour and starts giving a nutty smell.
- 🔅Transfer in a plate and let it cool down.
- 🔅Once it cools down, add Shakkar.
- 🔅Mix well.
- 🔅Take some of the mixture in hand and make a ball using your palm.
- 🔅Your Ladoos are ready.
- If you want the store like yellow colour of Ladoos, add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder while roasting it.