Strawberry Dutch Baby
Have you ever made a dutch baby before??? You have got to give it a try! It's so easy! And the best part, you won't have to stand at the stove flipping hot cakes while you watch your family eat them! One giant, puffy pancake comes out of the oven and the whole family can sit down for an awesome weekend breakfast together!
Simply heat a cast iron pan or other baking dish in the oven at 425°. Mix the batter ingredients in a blender. Drop butter into the pan in the oven and pour the batter in. Bake for 25 min and watch as it does its magic!!! Just watch those jaws drop when you pull it out of the oven! Today we finished ours with fresh strawberries, homemade strawberry sauce, and whipped cream. Best. Breakfast. Ever.
Strawberry Dutch Baby
For the Dutch Baby
- 4 eggs
- 1 c milk
- 2 T sugar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 c flour
For the Strawberry Sauce
- 1 c chopped strawberries (Plus extra fresh strawberries for serving)
- 1 T water or lemon juice
- 1 T sugar
- Place a 10-12" cast iron pan or heavy baking dish in the oven to preheat. Turn oven on 425º.
- In a blender, combine eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla. Blend to combine.
- Then add in flour. Blend again. Scrape down sides and blend again until everything is fully combined and no dry bits of flour remain.
- Allow batter to sit for 15 min while you make the strawberry sauce.
- Place strawberries, water and sugar in a saucepan and simmer over medium heat until thickened. Cook down to desired consistency. You can use hand blender or food processor if desired to make a smooth sauce, or just leave it chunky!
- Drop 2 T salted butter into cast iron pan and allow to melt slightly.
- Pour batter directly into pan and quickly close oven. Bake at 425º for 25 minutes. Do not open the oven!!!
- Serve with extra strawberries and whipped cream or powdered sugar.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published April 30th, 2021 10:25 AM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!
Load more comments
4 of 17 comments
I have made this with raspberry preserves and powdered sugar. It’s everyone’s favorite! I’m going to try this recipe asap
Could you use a non stick pie or cake plate instead?