Apple Pie Muffins
Apple Pie Muffins is a simple muffin recipe with a crumbled apple pie. These moist and delicious apple muffins are perfect for using leftover apple pie. So if you want an easy muffin recipe, you need to make these apple pie muffins!
I admit I do like to enjoy a muffin with coffee in the morning. Nothing exotic, just a simple muffin recipe will do. Can a gourmet muffin be just a simple muffin recipe? Actually YES! I found a way to make apple muffins and keep it as a simple muffin recipe.
So in making a seasonal apple cinnamon muffin recipe came from a pie bakery of all places. The bakery sells these amazing pies at the farmer’s market I like to go to. One Saturday he had these huge muffins.
Turns out, whatever pies he doesn’t sell, he chops up and put them into a muffin batter. The idea was a genius way to use leftover apple pie and make apple pie muffins! This would be such an easy muffin recipe to develop!
I found on a discounted rack at the grocery store an apple pie. If I buy it, it is a lot of pie for just myself. But chopping that baked apple pie and adding it to a muffin recipe would be perfect. Plus I could bring the apple muffins to work.
This recipe is perfect, it really is an easy muffin recipe. All you do is just crumble the pie up, yes crust and all. Then put the apple pie put into the muffin batter.
These apple pie muffins bake up nicely. Plus if want you can even put a strudel like topping on these apple muffins too! You could use a box muffin mix and crumble up the pie into that as well. You can not get an easier muffin recipe than this!
Apple Pie Muffins
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 whole apple pie (chopped up)
- Mix together the flour, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- Add the melted butter and mix it together until mixture forms crumbs.
- Set aside
- Whisk together egg, buttermilk, butter, and vanilla
- Add the brown sugar.
- Without mixing, add flour, baking soda, and salt to the brown sugar mixture
- Top it off with the crumbled up apple pie.
- Stir everything until it is just combined. You do not want over mix the batter.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the topping on top the muffins.
- Bake at 375F degrees for 20 minutes
- Take out the oven and ENJOY!
- If you add 1 teaspoon of vinegar to 1 cup of milk and let sit 5 minutes it is a good substitute for buttermilk.
- The topping is optional. If you do not want a streusel like topping just omit this.
How is apple pie an ingredient?