Easy Apple Pie Cookies
Apple pie cookies are perfect for when you’re craving delicious apple pie but don’t want all the trouble of making pie! Or for when you realize that Rosh Hashanah is a week away and you need a quick and easy dessert. This shortcut uses frozen pie dough and apple pie filling, so it couldn’t be easier.
Apple pie cookies are the same flavors and textures as an apple pie but in cookie form! Who doesn’t love a good cookie?!
Apple pie cookies with frozen pie crust
This easy recipe uses frozen pie dough as a quick shortcut instead of making homemade pie crust.
Of course, if you prefer you can always make your own pie crust from scratch (use the recipe for the dough from the apple honey galette here) and follow the rest of the recipe as written below.
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
This semi-homemade recipe uses ingredients you can buy ready made for a quick but impressive dessert.
- Frozen pie dough
- Apple pie filling
It is so easy to make these fun cookies, just follow these short steps and you’ll be enjoying your apple pie cookies in under 30 minutes!
- First, using a round cookie cutter, cut out circles of pie dough.
- With a pizza knife slice some of the dough into strips.
- Place some apple pie filling in the center of each cookie.
- Brush some egg wash on the edges of each cookie.
- Cover each cookie with strips of dough
- Brush egg wash on the dough and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake and enjoy!
We’re always looking for new ways to add apples into our Rosh Hashanah menus, and this is such a fun and easy way!
Love these cookies? Try these other recipes:
Coffee cookies go perfectly with your morning coffee, try this recipe from the blog.
These A pple Cider Muffins from The Katamon Kitchen are delicious!
Did you try this recipe?
I LOVE to hear what you think of my recipes! It would mean so much to me if you could rate this recipe below and leave a comment or share with your friends ❤ Thanks for being here!
Easy Apple Pie Cookies
- 1 frozen pie crust 450g
- 1 cup apple pie filling
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Using a round cookie cutter (or a glass) cut out 12 circles from the frozen pie dough and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Slice strips of the remaining dough with a pizza cutter (or knife).
- Place about 1 teaspoon of apple pie filling in the center of each cookie.
- Brush egg wash on the perimeter of the cookie dough, around the pie filling.
- Place the strips of dough over the pie filling, to look like apple pie.
- Using the round cookie cutter, cut the edges of the strips off.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on top of the cookies.
- Place cookies in pre-heated oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
They look great! I will have to give them a try for a Thanksgiving treat
I dunno, maybe it's just because I make pie frequently and have become fairly efficient at it, but these "cookies" seem like a lot of expense & fussing around for not much product.