Lemon Blueberry Cake
In the realm of culinary delights, a captivating interplay of flavors awaits as the lemon blueberry cake takes center stage. This delectable creation weaves together the lively zest of lemon and the succulent charm of blueberries. The lemon introduces a tangy and invigorating note, harmonizing seamlessly with the innate sweetness of blueberries, resulting in a medley of tastes that is both refreshing and indulgent. What elevates this cake beyond a mere dessert is its versatility – equally suited for a leisurely afternoon treat or as a showstopper for celebratory gatherings. As the oven preheats and ingredients align, the transformation of these simple components into an exquisite masterpiece begins.
Lemon Blueberry Cake
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 300 grams butter, room temperature
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup milk
- powdered sugar for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit). Grease a large cake tin with spray oil and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric beater to mix together the butter and sugar until fully incorporated. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Next, add in the vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Once all is well combined, add in the dry ingredients and beat on low. Then, add in the milk.
- Fold in the blueberries, saving a few to place on top of the mixture once in the tin.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and place the remaining blueberries on top.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 55 mins or until the top turns golden brown and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out with old a few dry crumbs.
- Take the cake out of the oven and allow it to fully cool down before using a knife to separate it from the tin edges. You can serve the cake from the tin or if you are feeling confident, you can flip it over onto a serving dish.
- You can add some powdered sugar on top for a wow effect.