This is my go to cupcake recipe. Everyone loves a Jane cupcake. This is the vanilla version. They are fluffy, soft and delicious and you’ll not want to eat any other cupcakes once you’ve made them. Get baking them now lol
Preheat your oven to 140 Degrees celsius/275 Fahrenheit. Weigh 100g of vegetable spread & 1/2 cup of caster sugar.
Put them in a mixer together and beat on high until pale & creamy.
Add your eggs one at a time on a medium speed allowing them to be beat well before adding the next.
Your mixture may look split or curdled after adding your eggs, this is perfectly fine and will come together once you add the flour.
Next you need to get a cup of self raising flour. You do this by scooping your cup in the bag so it’s overfilled and use your middle finger as it has less pressure than your index to level the cup like in the photo.
Use a sieve to add your flour & a tsp of baking powder to your mix and put on high speed until Mixed well. You will need to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix again briefly. Don’t over mix it.
Add a tsp of vanilla extract to your mix while it’s beating.
Your mixture should look smooth & creamy when done. If it’s slightly thick you can add a drop of milk to change the consistency.
Put 12 cupcake cases in a muffin tray and use spoons to divide your mixture equally between each case.
Push the cases down into the tray once they have cake batter in to ensure they are in the correct position.
Once you’ve filled all your cases about half way with your mixture put them in the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 19 minutes.
They should just be pale golden not dark when ready. Use a tea towel to remove the muffin tray from the oven & carefully remove each cupcake and place them on a wire rack to cool down. Once cool you can decorate how you like. I will be uploading various decorating tutorials if you’d like some ideas so keep a look out for those. Now it’s time to sink your teeth into the most delish cupcake you’ll ever try. They’re even tasty plain while warm. Enjoy!
- 100g of vegetable spread
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 cup of self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- PreHeat oven to 140/275. Mix your veg spread & caster sugar in a mixer until creamy.
- add your eggs one at a time giving time to mix after each one.
- Sieve your flour & baking powder into the mix and put back into mixer until a creamy mix is achieved. Add your vanilla extract.
- now put your cupcake cases in a muffin tray and share the mix between all cases. Push the cases down into the muffin tray.
- bake in the oven for 19 minutes until light golden.
- remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Once decorated these stay fresh for a good 3 days. Some people eat them 5 days later and say they’re still good.
Can I use an alternative to butter ?
Can I use oil instead, if so what amount ? Thankyou for replying