Red Velvet Cupcakes
As I often bake tea time cakes or cupcakes for my family & everyone, I enjoy it with a cup of hot tea or coffee. I just love baking during the weekend and stock it for a week.
Last weekend, I baked these amazing Eggless Red Velvet Cupcakes for my daughter & she just loves homemade cake. I baked it in the evening and gave her a surprise late night and her reaction was worth capturing! she was completely blown away by the surprise and couldn't believe it for a while and was very very happy and excited to eat 😁.
As this is an eggless recipe, I have used buttermilk instead of eggs. Buttermilk gives softer texture & a hint of tang and it's really a best substitute for eggless cake. I have used Beetroot juice that give natural colour to the cake but you can add red food colour if you want.
This Eggless Cupcakes recipe is worth a try. So do try this amazing version of Red Velvet Cupcakes.
Let's check out the Ingredients & recipe to make this delicious cupcakes. If you like this Eggless recipe then please comment down below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!!
Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 1.5 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar powder
- 1½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tsp Beetroot juice
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 Pack of Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 cup sugar powder well sieved
- In a large mixing bowl take butter and sugar powder, beat smooth until fluffy & light.
- Add buttermilk, vanilla extract & beetroot juice then beat at low speed and combine it well.
- In another bowl, sieve all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients gradually in 2 to 3 batch and fold the batter until combines well.
- Red velvet cupcake batter is ready, now pour the batter into the lined cupcake tray & tap it twice to remove air bubbles.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the muffin pan from the oven.
- Carefully remove the cupcakes from the pan and transfer it to a wire rack, allow to cool down completely.
- In large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Then add powdered sugar in 2 to 3 batch & beat until frosting reach stiff peak.
- Lastly add vanilla extract & just fold it. Cream cheese frosting is ready.
- Instead of buttermilk you can use 1½ cup milk and add 1 tsp of vinegar to it.
- Buttermilk gives softer texture & a hint of tang. Best substitute for eggless cake.
- Beetroot juice give natural colour to the cake but you can add red food colour if you want.