Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
I am a big fan of everything pumpkin. Its my go-to ingredient during the fall months. If I could, I would put pumpkin in everything. One of my latest bakes are these Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes. They are moist cupcakes filled with pumpkin puree, warm spices, and topped with a smooth cream cheese frosting. I kid you not, they are basically a pumpkin spice latte in cupcake form. They taste out of this world, and they take less than an hour to prepare and bake! The recipe yields 12 cupcakes but feel free to double (or even triple) the recipe if made for small parties and get-togethers.
Pumpkin flavoured cupcake with warm hints of cinnamon topped with a dreamy cream cheese frosting.
These cupcakes are the perfect fall dessert.
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup canned pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 225 g (1 package - 8 oz) cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree, sugars, eggs, and oil together.
- Add the dry ingredients from step 3 into the wet ingredients in step 4. Mix until there are no dry patches left.
- Pour the batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each liner until is about 60% full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until browned. Check that the batter is fully cooked by inserting a toothpick into the muffin - the toothpick should come out clean.
- Allow the muffins to fully cool (about one hour).
- Using an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract on high until smooth and creamy.
- Ice the cupcakes either by using a piping tip of your choice, or by spreading the icing on the cupcake with a spatula or spoon.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on the icing and enjoy!
- The cupcakes can be left at room temperature for several hours, otherwise they should be refrigerated. The cupcakes can be left in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Published September 22nd, 2020 8:49 AM
Can you just make it in a loaf pan