Midnight Birthday Cake
On 19th May I have baked this amazing cake for my hubby surprise birthday. He just love surprises & if especially a cake is made by me then he is the happiest soul. I baked it late night for him and gave him a surprise exactly at 12:00 pm. As he was awake and busy with his urgent priority office work, he was completely blown away by the surprise, as I was down with cold, so he never expected that I could make it happen. He was extremely emotional and touched😁.
As this is an eggless recipe, I have used only milk. No Buttermilk or vinegar in this recipe. It's kind of go to cake which can be made with simple ingredients. I have used beetroot juice for the colour but if you want you can add any gel colour to the cake batter as per your choice.
I felt really overwhelmed and extremely proud the way it turned out..... it's soft, moist and extremely spongy. I have decorated the cake with vanilla buttercream frosting and as you can witness it looks so beautiful.
Let's check out the Ingredients & recipe to make this delicious cake. If you like this simple midnight Birthday Cake recipe then please comment down below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!!
Midnight Birthday Cake
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup salted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tsp Beetroot juice(optional)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners sugar well sieved
- In a large mixing bowl take butter and powdered sugar, beat smooth until fluffy & light.
- Now add milk, vanilla extract & pink gel colour then beat at low speed and combine it well.
- In another bowl, sieve all purpose flour, baking soda & baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients gradually in 2 to 3 batch and fold the batter until combines well.
- Cake batter is ready, now pour the batter into the round greased cake mould & tap it twice to remove air bubbles.
- Now bake the cake at 180 degree Celsius for 40 minutes.
- After baking, cool down the cake completely on the wire rack.
- Then decorate with buttercream frosting.
For Buttercream Frosting
- In large bowl, beat butter until smooth, creamy & fluffy.
- Then add powdered sugar in 2 to 3 batch n beat until frosting reach stiff peak.
- Lastly add vanilla extract & just fold it. So, Buttercream frosting is ready.
- Instead of milk, use buttermilk.
- I have used beetroot juice for colour, you can't use any gel colour instead.(optional)
- If using eggs then 2 eggs will do the job.