Easy Air Fryer Veggie Fajitas
Looking for an easy and quick weeknight dinner? These Air Fryer Veggie Fajitas are done in less than 20 minutes!
Who else recently got an air fryer?
I got one for Christmas a year or two ago. And to be honest, I didn’t use it for very much.
And then Summer hit, and I realized this thing needed a permanent place on my counter for the season.
This nifty appliance keeps my house cool while cooking, when the heat is unbearable.
And it’s amazing what you can make in an air fryer! Typically, it’s just a few minutes of work and your dinner is done.
One of my new favorite recipes to make is homemade fajitas. The veggies get nice and browned and create and EXCELLENT flavor.
Now, I gotta be honest here- I was gonna put chicken in this recipe. Because that’s how I typically make fajitas.
But when I opened the freezer, all I had were bone-in chicken breasts… oops. So I had to pivot.
Luckily, I found a can of black beans in my pantry- another sign that you should keep a small stockpile at all times! So now we had some protein.
What kind of air fryer is best?
You’ll need to do some research to figure out which one is best for you. I use a Gourmia Air Fryer, which has a 5-quart capacity. (The one linked has a 6-quart)
It’s pretty big, enough to feed my family of 3 and give leftovers for the next day.
What goes in air fryer fajitas?
Now, I’m not traditional by any means. So don’t get mad if this isn’t how you usually make them! But this is what I typically use:
- Protein: Chicken, steak, beans
- Bell peppers (I typically use red peppers, yellow peppers, and orange peppers. But green bell pepper works as well.)
- Onion (Either yellow or red onion, I typically use yellow)
- Olive oil
- Seasonings (onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, or even your own fajita seasoning or taco seasoning)
- Flour tortillas (I typically use whole wheat for extra fiber)- corn tortillas would be okay too
- Favorite toppings: Sour cream, cheese, salsa/ pico de gallo, guacamole
Can you meal prep this dinner ahead of time?
I am a HUGE FAN of meal prep. I spend about an hour every Sunday afternoon making breakfasts and chopping vegetables for the week. It makes for easy meals later on!
This recipe can absolutely be prepped ahead of time! Slice the bell peppers and onions beforehand to shave extra minutes off dinner. Store the veggies in an airtight container in the fridge until you’re ready to cook.
How do you make Air Fryer Veggie Fajitas?
Start by slicing 3 bell peppers and an onion into thin strips. Place into a large bowl.
Add olive oil and seasoning, and mix to combine.
Pour into the bottom of the air fryer basket and insert into the air fryer. Start cooking at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes, pulling out to shake every 5 minutes.
Drain and rinse a can of black beans. When there are 5 minutes left, add the black beans and shake again, then let the air fryer cook the remainder of the time.
The beans are already cooked, so all you’re doing is heating them real quick.
When it’s finished cooking, divide the mixture onto tortillas and serve with your favorite fajita toppings!
This is such an easy busy weeknight dinner. And it doesn’t have to heat up your house at all!
Like this recipe? Find more easy air fryer recipes below:
- Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
Easy Air Fryer Veggie Fajitas
- 3 bell peppers (Any color), sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 flour tortillas
- Place sliced bell peppers and onion in a large bowl. Add olive oil, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Pour into the air fryer basket. Cook at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, pulling out the basket to shake every 5 minutes or so.
- When there are 5 minutes left, add the black beans and shake, and let cook for the remaining time.
- Divide onto 4 flour tortillas and serve with your favorite toppings.