Who doesn't love a savory bread? This pull apart pizza bread combines the best of both worlds: pizza and bread. Stuffed with pizza sauce, salami, and two different kinds of cheese, this bread is sure to be a delicious savory treat. To make the bread, first make the dough which is very similar to pizza dough. When the dough is ready, roll it out and slice it into squares. Spread the dough with pizza sauce, cheese, and salami, and stack the pieces on top of each other. Place the dough into a loaf pan and bake. About halfway through, brush on garlic butter and finish baking the bread until browned. Delicious and so satisfying!
Pull Apart Pizza Bread
Pull Apart Pizza Bread
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 cup warm whole milk (100-110 degrees F)
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced salami
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine active dry yeast with honey and warm milk and let sit for 10 minutes or until the mixture is foamy.
- Combine flour with olive oil and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the yeast mixture and stir until a rough dough forms. Knead the dough until smooth, about 5-7 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Dust a clean work counter with flour. Transfer the dough to the counter and roll out into a 20-inch by 11-inch rectangle. Spread the pizza sauce in an even layer over the dough. Sprinkle cheese and top with salami.
- Cut the rectangle into 5 equal strips. Stack the strips on top of one another and cut the strips into 4 equal parts. You should have a total of 20 squares.
- Place the squares, cut sides down into the loaf pan. Lightly cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Remove the plastic cover and bake the bread for 15 minutes.
- While the bread is baking, stir together the melted butter with garlic. Remove the bread from the oven and brush the garlic butter on top. Return the bread to the oven and continue to bake for another 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Remove from the loaf pan and serve warm.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published October 17th, 2020 10:25 PM