A long hot summer calls for a long cold drink!
I loooove daiquiris and always order them while I'm on holiday as they're so refreshing! My favourites are strawberry daiquiris, so sweet and delicious but not too sickly.
Sadly this year we won't be going on holiday and instead we're sitting outdoors in the garden. I love blending up a few cocktails to while away an afternoon. The best part is these cocktails are so easy to make - maximum taste for minimum effort. Simply 4 ingredients whacked into a blender and then sipped from a posh glass - perfect afternoon!
You can skip the rum if you fancy a refreshing mocktail!
- 500 g (1 lb 1 3/4 oz) strawberries, hulled and frozen
- 100 mL (3 1/4 fl oz) white rum
- Juice of 1 lime
- 50 mL (1 3/4 fl oz) simple sugar syrup
- Add the strawberries to the blender and start blitzing them. This may take a few minutes and you may need to muddle them a little to get them all blended
- Once they're almost smooth, add the rum, juice of a lime and the sugar syrup and blitz up for a few more seconds
- Add to a cocktail glass and enjoy!