Spicy Pineapple Shandy
Today, we’re making a Spicy Pineapple Shandy!
This super simple cocktail only requires 4 ingredients to get a sweet, spicy, refreshing, delicious summery drink that’s sure to bring the sunshine to any situation.
So, let’s get to it!
Let’s start with the spicy component of this drink: a jalapeno simple syrup. It’s so simple to make. We just need equal parts water and sugar that we’ll bring to a simmer in a saucepan. Then we’ll add some sliced jalapeno, seeds and all, right into the sugary mix to infuse the syrup. We’ll strain out that jalapeno, transfer the simple syrup to a jar in the fridge. And, that’s it! That’s the most difficult part of the recipe.
Now, we’re making WAY more simple syrup than we need for one cocktail. But, that’s not a bad thing. That could either mean we can make way more cocktails to go around. Or, we can store the simple syrup in the fridge to whip up a cocktail whenever we desire. It’ll keep in the fridge for about a month, so we have a decent amount of time to use it up at our leisure.
Shandys are typically a light or wheat beer mixed in equal parts with lemonade. But for our shandy, we’re going to swap out the lemonade with sweet pineapple juice.
So to finish the drink, all we need to do is pour some pineapple juice into a glass, top it with some Corona beer, give it a splash of our jalapeno simple syrup, and give it a stir. That’s it! Tell me something that’s easier than that.
I think 1 tbsp of simple syrup is the perfect amount of heat for this drink, but I also can be a little bit of a heat wimp. If you like to set your mouth on fire, feel free to add in more of the spicy syrup. They’re your tastebuds, so treat them however you’d like!
This cocktail is dangerously refreshing. I LOVE Corona Light on its own. It’s one of my favorite beers. But add in that sweet kiss from the pineapple, and it make the drink feel even lighter. Then you get hit with that spicy kick in the back of your throat from that jalapeno syrup, and it’s a pleasant burn in the most delightful way.
I’ve been drinking these on repeat lately…in the name of quality control, of course. And, I’ll for sure be drinking these all summer long.
If summer would hurry up and get here already!
Ok, everyone! It’s been a while since we made a cocktail, but you should know what I’m going to say. Please drink responsibly!
I hope you enjoy, and let’s drink!
Spicy Pineapple Shandy
For the Jalapeno Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 jalapenos, sliced
For the Shandy
- 4 oz pineapple juice, chilled
- 6 oz Corona Light beer, chilled
- 1 tbsp jalapeno simple syrup
- Make the Jalapeno Simple Syrup: To a medium saucepan, add water and sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Once simmering, add in jalapeno slices, and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 15 mins. Remove from heat, and transfer simple syrup to a heatproof jar, straining out the jalapeno through a fine mesh sieve. Discard jalapeno. Chill the simple syrup in the fridge.
- Make the Shandy: To a glass, add pineapple juice, beer, and jalapeno simple syrup. Stir to combine. Enjoy!
- *The leftover simple syrup can be stored in the fridge for about a month.
- *If you like more heat, feel free to add up to a tbsp more of simple syrup to the drink.
- *Please drink responsibly!