Creamy Mushroom Soup
Is there a food you love that the rest of your family hates? For me, that’s mushrooms. So the other day when I went out to a restaurant with my husband, and saw a mushroom soup on the menu and knew I HAD to have it. I’m mushroom-deprived, ya know? I devoured that soup, and knew I had to replicate it at home, even if I was the only one who would eat it! I was so delighted at how this Creamy Mushroom Soup turned out, and, as an added bonus, I got my 20 month-old to eat it with me too.
Since this isn’t a super hearty soup, it would go great with a loaded green salad or sandwich, or to be eaten at lunch. I hope you enjoy this vegetarian, gluten-free soup as much as I did, fellow Mushroom-lovers!
- 4 Servings
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- In a large stockpot, melt the 3 Tbsp of butter over medium heat. Once melted, add in the 1/2 an Onion and 2 Tbsp of Minced Garlic. Saute for a few minutes, then add the washed and sliced 8ox of White Mushrooms, 16oz of Crimini Mushrooms, and 1 tsp of Paprika. Cook for a few more minutes until the mushrooms start to wilt and brown. They will release some liquid- this is normal.
- Add the 1 1/2 cups of Chicken or Vegetable broth, 1 tsp of Dried Thyme. Cover and let it simmer on medium-low for 20 minutes.
- After it's done, stir in the 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese and transfer it to a high-powered blender. To be extra safe, I recommend you waiting to blend it for 10 minutes to let it cool down a bit.
- After that, blend until little no chunks remain. Add the 1- 1 1/2 cup of Heavy cream to it. You may serve immediately, or transfer it back to your pot and heat it on low if you want it a little warmer. Enjoy!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go