Easy White Chocolate Lava Mug Cake in a Microwave
A quick and easy White Chocolate Lava Mug Cake made in a Microwave. This healthy chocolate lava cake has a white chocolate center made with cashew butter and chocolate chips and is perfect for an instant gooey mug cake dessert. No oven or baking needed!
Stating a fact here: making a molten chocolate lava cake in a microwave is not as easy as I thought.
I’ve tried and test tested healthy mug cakes before and have that part nailed down - the light airy and fluffy texture. But getting a gooey molten chocolate center in a mug cake does not work the same unless you add a ton of the ‘bad ingredients’.
After a lot of experimenting, I found the key for this recipe: Cashew butter (or another nut/seed butter) stirred with a bit of coconut oil + chocolate chips.
So now the runny melty filling remains in place, instead of dropping to the bottom or drying out.
- 1 mug cake
- Prep time: 2 Minutes|Cook time: 1 Minutes|Total time: 3 Minutes
Molten Lava Filling:
- Lightly grease a 1 cup (8 oz) ramekin or mug and dust the inside with cacao/cocoa powder.
- In a bowl, mix flour, cocoa, sweetener and baking powder.
- Add in milk and egg and stir or whisk lightly to form a smooth batter. Do not over-mix, or the cake will be too dense; Small lumps are okay.
- Transfer ¾ of the batter into the mug/ramekin.
- In a small bowl, stir together cashew butter and coconut oil.
- Add nut butter blend and chocolate chips into ramekin.
- Pour remaining batter on top and spread.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds or until the top is set and dry to touch. Microwave additional time at 5 second intervals if needed.
- Let cool a few minutes, invert onto a plate and dig in!
- Do not over-mix the batter or the cake will be too dense.
- Nutrition details on my website: www.haylskitchen.com/easy-white-chocolate-lava-mug-cake-in-a-microwave
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go