Today I’m sharing a warm, hearty bowl of pumpkin & seed oats with you all! As the weather gets colder I’m moving a little bit away from smoothie bowls (don’t worry though, there will still be more to come). For this recipe, you will need 4 key ingredients: pumpkin purée, oats, hemp seeds, and flax seeds! I used the milled roasted hemp & flax seeds for this recipe from absolutely loved it! I always add these seeds to my oatmeal bowls to get in some additional nutrition without even noticing it. Plus, the healthy fats from them help to keep you fuller for a longer period of time!
Pumpkin and Seed Oats
- 1 Bowl
- Prep time: 5 Minutes Cook time: 5 Minutes Total time: 10 min
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp milled roasted hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp milled roasted flax
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp sugar or maple syrup (if you decide to add candied pecans as a topping, you may want to reduce this amount)
- •1 tsp pumpkin spice (or you can do 1/4 tsp cinnamon, pinch of nutmeg, 1/8 tsp ground ginger & 1 pinch of allspice)
- •1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- •Pinch of salt
- •Toppings: banana slices, candied pecans & pumpkin seeds
- Over medium heat, cook oats, seeds, and plant-based milk in a pot until the mixture simmers.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients except for the toppings. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the oats are ready. If you are using steel-cut oats, you will need to cook for a longer period of time.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!