I like to add a drizzle of good extra virgin olive oil, crunchy roasted chickpeas or pine nuts and a sprinkle of Sumac seasoning. If you can't find sumac in your local markets, you can also used smoked paprika.
Creamy Mediterranean Hummus
Do you like hummus?
By far one of my favorite dips to make and keep in my fridge. I often have to make double batches, because my husband and kids will not stop snacking on it.
This creamy hummus, is so velvety, flavorful and delicious. Just a handful of ingredients to make an amazing dip. Here is the list: chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil and ice cubes. Yes, you got it right ice cubes. This will help make a creamy consistency, for this delicious hummus.
This hummus recipe is great as a dip on a veggie platter, with salads, wraps and pretty much anything you like. I love it with pita chips, carrots sticks, cucumber, on top of a Mediterranean salad ( no dressing needed) or as a spread for a delicious wrap made with pita bread.
Super simple ingredients to make a delicious and creamy hummus dip.
Don't forget to make this hummus recipe to go with your veggie platter this Holiday Season.
Let's Dishplay_it together!
- 2 cups
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 10 Minutes|Total time: 20 Minutes
- First, rinse and peel the chickpeas / garbanzo beans.
- In a food processor, add the chickpeas and blend it for about 1-2 minutes, until it looks like a paste.
- Then add the lemon juice, tahini, salt and pepper and blend it for about 4 minutes. The original recipe calls for 2 ice cubes to be added to the food processor to get a smoother and creamer consistency. Trust me is the key to this fluffy hummus.
- Now is ready to serve. I like to serve it in a bowl. Spread the top to make little circles, a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a sprinkle of sumac or smoked paprika and roasted chickpeas. Enjoy!
- For garnish, I usually like to sprinkle sumac. If you can't find sumac, you may add a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
- How to roast chickpeas: Use a sheet pan, lay the chickpeas flat, drizzle extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper, even smoked paprika if you like. Cook at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes.