Sweet Potato Kale Salad
Confession: I’ve been holding out on you guys with this salad. I figured it was more of a ‘fall’ recipe with the sweet potatoes, but..let’s be honest. I’ve been posting sweet potato recipes for months now, so I’m not sure what I was waiting for 😆
This Sweet Potato Kale Salad has been my favorite for years, and is always a hit whenever I serve it! It’s healthy and SO delicious- it’s also filling with the addition of the quinoa. I’ve also served it as a main dish by adding chicken. It’s gluten free, and although it has Feta cheese in it, it could easily be omitted to make it dairy free and Vegan.
- 6 Servings
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 50 Minutes
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, and then peel and dice your sweet potato. Place on a baking tray and season with salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil. Toss with the oil, then bake for 10 minutes.
- While the sweet potato cooks, dice your 1/2 red onion. When the sweet potatoes are done, add the onions to the pan, mixing additional oil, salt, and pepper, and cooking for another 10 minutes.
- Let the vegetables cool to room temperature while you get the other ingredients together. Wash and chop the 4 cups of kale, then place in a large bowl.
- Mix your dressing together by combining 1 Tbsp minced Garlic, 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice, 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, 2 1/2 Tbsp Agave nectar or Honey, 3 1/2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar, 1/2 tsp Salt, 1/4 tsp Pepper. Set aside.
- Now mix in your additional ingredients: 1/2 cup Feta Cheese, 1/2 cup cooked Quinoa, and 1/2 cup of candied Walnuts. Add the sweet potatoes and red onions when they've cooled down. Add the dressing right before you serve it. You may use less of the dressing, depending on how much you prefer. Enjoy!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go