Baked Ricotta Cheese and Tomato Dip
This baked cheese and tomato dip is so delicious and easy to prepare. It is a total crowd pleaser and can be prepared in advance and refrigerate until ready to heat. I prefer to serve in a cast iron skillet so that it goes from oven to table easily. The cheese is creamy and the flavour with the roasted tomato and fresh herbs is so yummy. I like to serve this dish surrounded by different crackers, sliced apples, grilled breads, red pepper jelly and some alternate cheeses. We ate leftovers on toasted sourdough bread the next day. It’s an impressive dish.
- 6 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 45 Minutes
* 1 cup extra smooth ricotta cheese
- * Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium bowl, add ricotta, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, thyme and 1/2 tablespoon rosemary. Stir to combine, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- * In a 6-inch cast-iron skillet, spread the ricotta mixture in an even layer. Top with shredded mozzarella, Parmesan and tomatoes. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Turn oven on high broil and cook an additional 5 minutes until golden brown on top.
- * Sprinkle remaining rosemary on top and serve with slices of grilled baguette on the side.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go